perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: only static messages via Embperl::Mail ?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:31:39 GMT

> When invoking Embperl::Mail I have to specify an inputfile, e.g.
>
>   Embperl::Mail::Execute({inputfile=>'msg.htm',
> subject=>'error $msgnr: $msgtxt', from=>'web@a2e.de',
> reply-to=>'oas@a2e.de', to=>'phm@a2e.de'}, );
>
> Unfortunately msg.htm is a completely separate namespace
> which does not appear to share any variables with the invoking file.

When you call it from another Embperl page, you get the same global Embperl
variables, like %fdat, the Embperl request and application object ($epreq
and $epapp). You can also pass parameters like:

   Embperl::Mail::Execute({inputfile=>'msg.htm',
 subject=>'error $msgnr: $msgtxt', from=>'web@a2e.de',
 reply-to=>'oas@a2e.de', to=>'phm@a2e.de'},

 param => [1,2,3],

);

These will appear in the msg.htm in @param

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **