perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Wilde, Donald" <dwi...@sandia.gov>
Subject RE: Embperl 2.1 - memory wrap on BSD (was: won't make -- missing typemap)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:48:13 GMT
sigh... after the holiday. :)

--
Don Wilde    Org 01737    505-844-1126
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no
other way. - Mark Twain

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Richter [mailto:richter@ecos.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:08 PM
To: Wilde, Donald
Cc: embperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: RE: Embperl 2.1 - memory wrap on BSD (was: won't make --
missing typemap)

> make -- missing typemap)
>
> The variable reported in ulimit -a is apparently the kernel stack. The

> userland stack is set by kern.usrstack, and it's already 3GB

3GB should be really enough.

If the ulimit -a was the kernel stackspace, is it possible that there
are other limitations for the userland?

The memory usage from the strace seems to be quite ok (as far as I can
tell)

If there is no other limit from the OS side, I think the only chance is
to walk throught the C code with gdb and see what is happeing...

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **