perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Derrick Spell <derricksp...@cdmplus.com>
Subject Re: Text to HTML recipe making
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:33:30 GMT

On Dec 20, 2005, at 11:17 PM, Gerald Richter wrote:

>>> Unfortunately there are a few lines of C code missing to get this
>>> done. It was always my intention to make such a usage
>> possible, but I
>>> didn't got around until now to implement the last piece :-(
>>
>> Ah.  Does this mean that you have now done it?  (Sorry, I
>> notice that German-speakers tend to have problems with using
>> the word "until"
>> correctly)
>>

> No it's not done.
>
> Just to make it right the next time, what would be the correct word
> instead
> of "until" in this case?

"until now" implies that the status has now changed.  If you say
"still" it means that the same status continues.  For instance:
"I haven't gotten to it until now" vs "I still haven't gotten to
it"  (Although the word "got" is not to be used in standard english -
it's purely conversational, and thus entirely appropriate for email
lists ;) )

Actually, I've always been impressed with your english, and from my
time digging around in the list archives I'd have to say it's
improved a lot over the last 6 years or so.  How long have you
studied English?  Did you start young?

-Derrick