perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: make test failure
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:29:55 GMT

> > This really looks like a CGI.pm issue. Perl 5.8.5 comes
> with CGI.pm 3.05.
> > Are you really sure you are using 3.10?
> >
> > Embperl's Makefile.PL will show you the version it uses.
>
> Bah, you're quite right Gerald - it is CGI 3.05 - I must have
> checked the wrong box.
>
> Is this requirement documented anywhere? I just rebuilt
> mod_perl using mod_perl 2.0.1 and there don't appear to be
> either any warnings or a documented requirement for a newer CGI.

I think it's documented somewhere in the document that tell what needs to be
changed because of the namespace change from Apache to Apache2.

> Would it be worth adding a test to Embperl somewhere to check
> and flag this issue, as it's not at all obvious from the test failure.

I could add something to the Makefile.PL

Gerald

Besuchen Sie uns auf der Systems 2005 in M√ľnchen, Halle B2, Stand 704
Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh