perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: username and password with basic auth
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:46:59 GMT
At Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:33:28 +0200, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
> Or would it be possible if I code a custom Auth Handler (as shown in the
> mod_perl manual) and then store the password somewhere where I can
> access it from my (Emb)perl code?

Best would be to write a custom auth handler and do whatever
authentication it is you want there (and not in your embperl code).

Otherwise you'll need to stash the password somewhere during
Authentication for retrieval later on in the content stage - I'd
suggest using the apache request's "notes" ($req_rec->notes)

--
 - Gus