perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Otto Lang ...@wean.at>
Subject Problems with %udat
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:50:44 GMT
Hello all,

I'm developing a new application using Embperl 2.0 final with the newest
perl-modules I could find (CGI.pm-3.11, ...). Everything works fine
unless
I try to access the %udat-hash.

 From ``base.html'' I'm calling an init-file with

[- Execute ('init.epl') -]

``init.epl'' looks like:

[-
$req = shift;
use lib ('/path/to/lib/');
use DBI;
use MyModule;

$req{dbh} = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=foo", "bar", "") or die
$DBI::errstr;
$req{baz} = MyModule->new();

$udat{active} = "test";
-]

When I comment out the $udat...-line, everything works fine. But when
I try
to set any value to %udat the browser gets no answer.

Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 gives no error but doesn't show anything.
Safari 2.0.1 says that there is a network-problem.
And Opera 8.02 comes up with an internal server error:

     Can't locate object method "TIESCALAR" via package "DBI::st"

The server runs under Debian Sarge with some manually installed perl-
modules.

Does anyone know the problem or can give me hints  where to look
further?

TIA

./otto