perl-embperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject $req_rec not set for preloaded pages
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:57:57 GMT
Hi Gerald,

Congratulations on finally releasing 2.0! Ok, that's the good news, now for the bad news...
(you 
knew this was coming, right?)

I have noticed something strange: When I preload pages under Embperl 2, $req_rec appears to
be 
undefined later when the pages are requested. It works ok when I do not preload. I think I
may have 
made a mistake earlier when testing, mixing up Embperl 1 and 2 handlers, because I thought
all of 
this worked ok, but now it seems not to be working.

Sorry I didn't spot this earlier!

Also, (perhaps unrelated, don't know yet), when I tried upgrading my production server (which
runs 
Debian Sarge, apache 1.3.33, mod_perl 1.29, perl "v5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi"),
using 
Embperl 2 produces a segfault when starting apache. This is currently happening whether or
not I 
preload, so I will have to do some more investigation to see what's happening there. Meanwhile
I 
have rolled back to 1.3.6 on the server. I'll tell more once I know if this is user error
or 
something else...

Thanks,

/Neil


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: embperl-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: embperl-help@perl.apache.org


Mime
View raw message