perl-embperl mailing list archives

From RobertCZ <rob...@robert.cz>
Subject Re: Some philosophical questions
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:18:02 GMT
RobertCZ wrote:

> 2) There seems to be less of a traditional web (server) programing and
> more of client Java/JavaScript work.
>
> Look at this AJAX stuff... Users want more flexible and more
> responsive web apps and more and more of the functionality move to the
> client. I'm these days spending as much time in JavaScript as in
> Embperl and then Embperl is just thin layer around SQL database with
> maybe a bit of XML added to the mix. You don't even need Perl for
> this, any decent SQL database can return results in XML these days...

P.S. There're some JavaScript toolkits, but I never liked any of them...
Ideally, the JS would be generated automatically on the server,
something like Embperl 2 form validation... Comments, ideas? Maybe we
could have some cool EP extension - it would definitively helped Embperl
propagation... ;-)

- Robert