perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: [$ hidden $] bug in 2.0?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:28:12 GMT
Gerald Richter wrote:
> Mmmh, the code the selects the fields are excatly the same in Embperl 1.3
> and 2.0. Also the tests are the same. I don't see that anythings has changed
> nor was it intended to change it.
>
> When I do the same test with Embperl 1.3 and 2.0 both return nothing to me

Nope, when I enable Embperl 1.3, it includes whatever is in %fdat in the [$hidden$] field.
I am
using HTML::EmbperlObject for the handler, in case that matters (don't think it should). I
have the
following in my apache conf (among other stuff obviously):

<FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
	SetHandler  perl-script
	PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
	#PerlHandler Embperl::Object
	Options     ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>

I can literally comment out either version to switch between them. When it's using 2.0, the

[$hidden$] does not include things I manually put in %fdat (it does include variables that
came into
the script in the original query, but not variables that I add later during the script). When
comment out 2.0 and use 1.3, then the variable I put in %fdat is present in the form. I am
using
literally the minimal case which I gave you, i.e. a file that has only those lines. Obviously

base.epl is also being called since this is EmbperlObject, but I don't really see that making
difference (I could be wrong).

Sorry to contradict you Gerald, but I'm looking right at the resulting page source - I can
switch
back and forth here and it *does* behave the way I'm telling you. I have no idea why you would
be
seeing something different...

-Neil