perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Embperl::Execute under 2.0
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 05:19:19 GMT
I am trying out Embperl 2.0 again. It appears (at first glance) to work with most of existing
code,
but it will take quite a lot more testing before I commit it to my production box. The big
problem
so far is the startup.pl file. I preload all the html and epl files to maximize shared memory.
This
involves traversing the directory tree, calling this on each file:

Embperl::Execute ({
    inputfile => $filename,
    import => 0,
    path => $path,
    escmode => 0,
    options => 16});

However this produces the same error for every file:

    [14953]ERR:  56: : Unknown Provider epcompile

Apache does appear to complete starting, but I am not sure what state it is in, with these
error
messages. It seems to imply that the code is not being compiled, which obviously would not
bode well
for it being in shared memory.

The documentation for Execute appears to not be present under the new 2.0 docs. Has it changed
in
some way? Am I not supposed to be able to preload modules under 2.0 any more, or is this a

straightforward bug?

The system is Debian Sarge (stable), Perl is "5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi" (the
one that
comes with Sarge), Embperl 2.0rc4 (i.e. freshly downloaded & built from source, all tests
passed),
mod_perl 1.29, apache 1.3.33.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks,