perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Andrew O'Brien" <andr...@oriel.com.au>
Subject RE: EMBPERL_OPTIONS
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:55:59 GMT

Sorry guys - that did come out a bit harshly. It's been a long night.
Two out of the three questions seemed to be where to find the
documentation which is the bit I was answering.

> > I put EMBPERL_OPTIONS optRawInput in the <Files *html> </Files> in
> > my httpd.conf and the webserver never restarted though the
> cpu was pinned
> > at 99% and apachectl configtest gave me an ok.

To answer the second of Daniels questions on usage, these options are
all bitmask constants and so you set the total value by adding all the
values together and using this as the setting. A snippet from an
httpd.conf:

(This is using embperl 1.3.x on apache 1.3.x but you get the idea)

# optReturnError(262144) + optRawInput(16)
#PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 262160
# optRawInput(16)
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16

This goes wherever you've defined your other embperl setup variables.

If you are using a perl startup file for your perl init you can also
access the constants directly like:

$HTML::Embperl::optRawInput + $HTML::Embperl::optBlah

Cheers,

-ao