perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: changing $req_rec
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:39:30 GMT
> Sorry I didn't specify exactly what I wanted to do..
>
> I know I can do this within the code:-
>
> $req_rec = Apache::Request->instance($req_rec);
>
> But for all the code which didn't do this I'm looking
> to have the global variable $req_rec already set when
> it gets to the emperl script...

I still don't get what you're trying to do (mostly because I'm not
familiar with what Apache::Request->instance does), but:

Like any other mod_perl (content) handler, the "PerlHandler Embperl"
line just causes &Embperl::handler($req_rec) to be invoked.  Have a
look at the code and you will see just how simple this function is and
you should be able to either hack it in place to do what you want, or
wrap it in another "PerlHandler MyEmbperl" (or something) class that
invokes the real Embperl::handler function - after doing some
additional initialisation (and passing a different $req_rec value).

--
 - Gus