perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Hartmaier Alexander" <Alexander.Hartma...@t-systems.at>
Subject cdbi & embperl
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:44:52 GMT
Hi lists!

I use Embperl (2.0) since over 3 years now and Class::DBI since I discovered
it approx. at the beginning of this year.

I want to implement functions or methods to display html tables for some of
my cdbi objects with different filters (e.g. show all, show only a subset
based on an sql where clause AND sort them by different columns).

At the moment (without the use of cdbi) I have an 'embperl library' which I
load with

[!

  Execute ({ inputfile => 'library.epl', import => 1 });'

!]

in every of my pages.

In this library I have defined several subs which get the database handle,
the sql query or sometimes only the where clause and the sort field(s)
passed and print the table with Embperl.

I thought that it *might* be better to move them into a method of the
different classes...

Is there a preferred way to do this or how to some of you do it?

With kind regards

Alexander Hartmaier

T-Systems Austria GesmbH

Rennweg 97-99 1030 Wien