perl-embperl mailing list archives

From allen haim <al...@netherrealm.net>
Subject Re: CVS CO command
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:37:50 GMT
you're going to have to install the package 'ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.27' from
cpan.org

(In general when you get "Can't locate" ... errors, type the module name
into the search field at search.cpan.org)

if you have cpan installed the easy way to get this module is the following
(as root):

% cpan
% i /ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.27/

this will return many lines including the line:

Distribution id = G/GR/GRICHTER/ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.27.tar.gz

then do

% install G/GR/GRICHTER/ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.27.tar.gz

If you don't have cpan, just install it the ordinary way.

Allen

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 06:38:05PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> I get this
>
> /usr/src/embperl # perl xsbuilder/source_scan.pl
> Can't locate ExtUtils/XSBuilder/ParseSource.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/src/embperl/xsbuilder/ParseSource.pm line 8.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/src/embperl/xsbuilder/ParseSource.pm line 8.
> Compilation failed in require at xsbuilder/source_scan.pl line 4.
>
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:23:34PM -0700, allen haim wrote:
> > This works for me:
> >
> > cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic" login
> > cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic" co embperl
> >
> > Then:
> >
> > perl xsbuilder/source_scan.pl
> > perl xsbuilder/xs_generate.pl
> >
> > (this generates a lot of messages like 'Can not determinate method name for
> > ...'; these appear to be normal.)
> >
> > -Allen
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 05:22:33PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > > Can someone tell me the CVS checkout command.
> > >
> > > I tried to install what I thought was the newest version of EmbPerl with
> > > Apach2 and Mod_perl 2, but it says it can't find Apache/src.pm
> > >
> > > A web search on this showed a response from Gerald to download the newest
> > > version, so I guess I need to do that.  But I can't find the darn command for
> > > co anywhere in the email archives (or at least one that works)
> > >
> > > 	Ruben
> > >
> > > --
> > > __________________________
> > > Brooklyn Linux Solutions
> > >
> > > So many immigrant groups have swept through our town
> > > that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological
> > > proportions in the mind of the world  - RI Safir 1998
> > >
> > > DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
> > > http://fairuse.nylxs.com
> > >
> > > "Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
> > >
> > > http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
> > > http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients
> > > http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
> > > http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive or stories and articles
from around the net
> > > http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/downtown.html - See the New Downtown Brooklyn....

> > --
> > happy random excerpt from the Weblog of J. Alfred Prufrock:
> >
> > Saturday, April 10, 2004
> >
> > so ended up at fresh choice, which was SO good (want more bacon bits, vivienne?
LOL!) and it was pretty cool until valerie totally took forever in the bathroom and we were
all waiting to go but she said she was just preparing her face to meet the faces that she'd
meet and we were like, ok. ezra seemed kind of mad at that, but i told we still had time to
go to express, to murder and create, time for all the works and days of hands, and time to
go to sam goody afterward to get a cd for ezra's dad's birthday. so we ate some more toast
and tea and then shopped for like two more hours and my feet were tired but it was cool.

> > ??? 1:10 AM
> >
> > http://jalfredprufrock.blogspot.com

> --
> __________________________
> Brooklyn Linux Solutions
>
> So many immigrant groups have swept through our town
> that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological
> proportions in the mind of the world  - RI Safir 1998
>
> DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
> http://fairuse.nylxs.com
>
> "Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
>
> http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
> http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients
> http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
> http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive or stories and articles from
around the net
> http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/downtown.html - See the New Downtown Brooklyn....

--

happy random U.S. amendment to a war crimes treaty, Apr 6., 1984:

... SHALL NOT APPLY TO DISPUTES WITH ANY CENTRAL AMERICAN STATE