perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Derrick Spell <derricksp...@cdmplus.com>
Subject Embperl_Object_Fallback
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 17:46:58 GMT
I'm having some problems setting Embperl_Object_Fallback correctly.
What I want to do is allow "virtual urls".  I want to purposely link
to urls that do not exist.  These urls would logically reside below a
directory called /catalog.  The Embperl fallback file inside /catalog
would parse the remainder of the requested url and perform some
database access based on which url was requested.  In essence, the
fallback file becomes a directory handler.  However, I only want it
to handle accesses to directories that are not found.  I was able to
tweak my settings to send directory requests to my Embperl fallback,
but it is happening even to valid directories.  Any suggestions?  Yes
- I could use a query string to produce the same results, but I want
to achieve the clean look and feel that the user thinks they are
simply navigating a directory structure.  My configuration is below.

Embperl_AppName           testdeer_embperl_app
Embperl_Object_Base        base.epl
Embperl_UriMatch             "\.htm.?|\.epl|[^\.]*$"
Embperl_Object_Fallback         dhandler.html

<Files *.html>
      SetHandler       perl-script
      PerlHandler      Embperl::Object
      Options            ExecCGI