perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject using Embperl::Object from perl
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:04:46 GMT
I've been trying to use Embperl::Object offline (from within some
other perl code) and I'm finding it difficult to pass the correct
options.

There is %Embperl::initparam, but this is only good for global
initialisation.  I would have expected to also be able to pass any
config option in the relevant constructor or using a method on the
object before it was executed, but that seems not to be the case.

In particular - I can't work out how to create/configure/use an
Application object across multiple requests simply from the perl API
(without going through environment variables and %Embperl::initparam).
There doesn't seem to be any "create a request object from this
application object" method - although the reverse exists
(Embperl::Req::InitRequest(...)->app).

Is this possible currently or should it be considered a feature
request?

--
 - Gus