perl-embperl mailing list archives

From ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@rayman.com>
Subject Re: How to troubleshoot session handling?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:02:19 GMT
allen haim wrote:

>I can see in Mozilla's Cookie Manager that the cookie isn't being set, and I
>am also not getting my values back out of %udat.

try at the linux/unix command line:
wget -S http://www.yourdomain.com/page.htm 2>&1 | less

this will show you the server response.  You are looking for a line that
says:
SET-COOKIE:

make sure that the domain is the same as the one you are using and that
the expiration date makes sense.

If you do not have linux/unix, you will have to use:
telnet www.yourdomain.com 80

and then hand type the request lines:
GET /page.htm HTTP/1.1
Host: www.yourdomain.com

this has two new lines after the last command.  scroll-up to review the
SET-COOKIE line.

If you do not have a SET-COOKIE line, then look into restart apache and
look into your logs for an error message on the starting of session
handling.

--
Business Consulting and Turnaround Management