perl-embperl mailing list archives

From RobertCZ <rob...@robert.cz>
Subject Embperl::Mail - Missing Date header
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:11:33 GMT
Hi,

  I have problem with the mails sent from Embperl::Mail::Execute,
because Thunderbird thinks the email is dated '1.1.1970 1:00'. I have to
manually add Date to the mail headers on every page with something like

($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime();
$date2 = sprintf "%s, %s %s %s %s:%s:%s",  (
    qw( Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat )[ $wday ],
    $mday,
    qw( January February March April May June July August September
October November December )[ $mon ],
    1900 + $year,
    $hour,
    $min,
    $sec
);

Embperl::Mail::Execute({ ..., mailheaders => [ "Date: $date" ] });

If other people have similar problem, could this be added to the
Embperl::Mail as default header?

- Robert

PS The format of the date came from the experiments with Thunderbird, I
don't know what the relevant RFC says