perl-embperl mailing list archives

From allen haim <al...@netherrealm.net>
Subject Embperl & CGI
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:42:39 GMT
Thanks Andrew; that's perfect.

Another question: can I call an ordinary CGI script from within an embperl
page, and send it the parameters it needs? Of course, I can 'require' it
from within [- -] tags, but then the CGI parameters won't work right.

Allen

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:47:30AM +1000, Andrew O'Brien wrote:

> Allen,
>
> That's all up to how you structure your page construction. You will need
> to either
>
> 1. Easier: be able to test for that branch condition early enough in
> your page
>    construction and then have the two Execute()s in a wrapping "if"
> statement
> Or
> 2. take advantage of the fact that Execute can put its output into a
> scalar and
>    you can pass back information either via scalar reference parameters
> or via
>    the errors option to Execute. Contrived example:
>
> page.epl:
> [-
>   $req = shift;
>   my $do_something_else = 0;
>   $out = '';
>   Execute({inputfile => 'page_that_can_return_errors.epl',
>            output => \$out,
>            param => [\$do_something_else]
>           });
>   if ( $do_something_else ) {
>     Execute( 'alternative_content.epl' );
>   } else {
>     local $escmode=0;
>     print OUT $out;
>   }
> -]
>
> Page_that_can_return_errors.epl:
> [-
>   $req = shift;
>   $test = shift @param;
>   if ($something_went_wrong) {
>     $$test = 1;
>     exit;
>   }
> -]
>
> --
> Andrew O'Brien
> Development Manager
> e: andrewo@oriel.com.au    p: +61 2 9461 0114

happy random excerpt from the Weblog of J. Alfred Prufrock:

Saturday, April 10, 2004

so ended up at fresh choice, which was SO good (want more bacon bits, vivienne? LOL!) and
it was pretty cool until valerie totally took forever in the bathroom and we were all waiting
to go but she said she was just preparing her face to meet the faces that she'd meet and we
were like, ok. ezra seemed kind of mad at that, but i told we still had time to go to express,
to murder and create, time for all the works and days of hands, and time to go to sam goody
afterward to get a cd for ezra's dad's birthday. so we ate some more toast and tea and then
shopped for like two more hours and my feet were tired but it was cool.

 1:10 AM

http://jalfredprufrock.blogspot.com