perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Matthew Jarrett" <matt...@summit.net.au>
Subject RE: Embedded Perl Development
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:23:22 GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information, much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing the Stable release soon.

Cheers,
Matthew.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Richter [mailto:richter@ecos.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 April 2005 8:47 PM
To: 'Matthew Jarrett'
Cc: 'Embperl'
Subject: RE: Embedded Perl Development

Hi,

> I'm currently a user of Embedded Perl for our hosting
> customers, and I have been trying to find out information as
> to what future development is being done on version 1.3.6 and
> if a Stable version of version 2.0 is coming up soon.
>
> I haven't been able to find this information (maybe I am
> blind) on the website, but was wondering if you might be able
> to point me in the right direction.
>
> I appreciate your help, and we appreciate the product as well :)

There will be no further developement in 1.3.6

2.0rc3 is out and is really stable, so you can use it in a production
environment without problems (you can run 1.3.6 and 2.0 on the same server
at the same time).

The only thing that holds me back from release final 2.0 are the recent
changes in mod_perl 2 I have to cope with them before the final release

Gerald