perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Neal Gamradt" <ngamr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Script for Deleting Stale SessionX Lock Files
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:34:16 GMT
Hello All,

I have been meaning to post this for awhile, it is a script that I wrote for
deleting stale SessionX lock files.  Most of you probably already have a
solution for this, but I thought this script may be useful to someone on
this mailing list.

Basically there are three variables that need to be set, the base directory
that the SessionX files are stored in, the sub-directory of the base
directory that the lockfiles are stored in, and the number of minutes old
that a file has to be in order for it to be deleted.

I haven't taken the time to do a lot of documenting, by default the script
deletes all files in the "/var/sessionx/" and the "/var/sessionx/lockfiles/"
directories that have not been accessed for more than 48 hours.  If someone
does find this script useful but has some questions about it, just let me
know.  Thanks.

Neal Gamradt