perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gavin Carr <ga...@openfusion.com.au>
Subject Re: Embperl2 on RHEL
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:52:43 GMT
On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 02:48:05PM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > Embperl2 seems to have compilation problems on RedHat
> > Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 because RedHat have split the APR
> > libraries into separate packages from the httpd apache
> > packages. Specifically, all the apr include headers are found
> > in /usr/include/apr-0 rather than being included in
> > /usr/include/httpd.
>
> Could you please run the attached Makefile.PL and send me the output, then I
> should be able to add some autodetection

Output is attached.

I was wrong about RHEL3 too - this only affects RHEL4 boxes, by the looks.

> > - is there a nice way of forcing this additional include
> > directory at build
> >   time using the current code?
>
> You have to edit Makefile, after running Makefile.PL

Presumably multiple Makefiles, though, right - you produce 12 or so from your Makefile.PL.
I was hoping there might be support for:

  perl Makefile.PL INC=-I/usr/include/apr-0

or something like that.

Cheers,
Gavin