perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Trey Hyde <Richard.H...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: Embperl 1.3 to 2.0 conversion issues, configuring Apache
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:46:39 GMT
On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 21:42 +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:

> > 	Do you have a ClearModuleList in your config?
> >

> > Yes, this is how we've been loading these modules for about 5 years.
> >

> Please try without the ClearModuleList and the AddModule's
>
> Gerald

That did it.  Is the ClearModuleList trick in a FAQ somewhere I missed?
Seems you knew exactly the problem.
  After that fix and a switch to EmbperlBlocks syntax everything seems
to be working rather well.   Thanks for your help.

 Hopefully we'll be able to do some benchmarking in a few weeks.

> > ClearModuleList
> > AddModule mod_env.c
> > AddModule mod_log_config.c
> > AddModule mod_mime.c
> > AddModule mod_negotiation.c
> > AddModule mod_status.c
> > AddModule mod_info.c
> > AddModule mod_dir.c
> > AddModule mod_cgi.c
> > AddModule mod_actions.c
> > AddModule mod_alias.c
> > AddModule mod_access.c
> > AddModule mod_auth.c
> > AddModule mod_expires.c
> > AddModule mod_headers.c
> > AddModule mod_so.c
> > AddModule mod_setenvif.c
> > <IfDefine SSL>
> > AddModule mod_ssl.c
> > </IfDefine>
> > AddModule mod_perl.c
> >

> > 	>
> > 	> Is Apache2 the preferred platform for Embperl2 these days?
> > 	> Converting to Apache2/modperl2 would be a much larger project
> > 	> but I'd take a stab at it if it is indeed preferred.
> > 	>
> >
> > 	While Apache 2/mod_perl 2 has more possibilities, I
> > personaly keep old
> > 	projects on Apache 1 and create new projects on Apache 2.
> >
> > 	When Embperl will become thread safe it might be worth
> > migration to Apache 2
> > 	for perfomance reasons
> >

> > Agreed, that is my current plan.

Richard "Trey" Hyde