perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Martin Moss <martin_m...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Req_rec undefined when calling Embperl::Execute from within a mod_perl Method handler
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:08:13 GMT
All,

I'm trying to call Embperl::Execute to run an epl from
within a mod perl method handler, and when the script
runs

---snip----
print STDERR Dumper($r);
Embperl::Execute({
                                req_rec=>$r,

inputfile=>'/www/components/nav/htmlhead.epl',
                                param     => [$config,
$ad_tags],
                                output => \$html
                        });

-----snip-----
$req_rec is undefined, ever since we upgraded from
Embperl2.0b4dev5  to 2.0 release Candidate 2...

The Dumper in the method handler results in the
following
$VAR1 = bless( {
                 'r' => bless( do{\(my $o =
27791880)}, 'Apache::Request' )
               }, 'My::Apache::Request' );

But when I dump Req_rec in the epl, I get
$VAR1=undef

Under the first version, I didn't even have to set
Req_rec - as the docs say this is no longer necessary.
I just added it above to see if I could  set it that
way.

Is there something I must do to set the Request
object.. We use a custom one which I'd like to pass
through to the epl script.

I realise I could pass the Apache Request object
through as a parameter, but that will make the epl
rather untidy... And would seem to me to be a hack not
a fix..

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Regards

Marty