perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: Form::Validate Different rules for different submit buttons
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:00:48 GMT

> Is it possible to use a different set of rules for form
> validation depending on which of several submit buttons on
> the form were pressed?
> I'm guessing no.  It seems I have to have Form::Validate do
> the least common denominator checking, then do any further
> processing server side after the submit.

You can, you just have to add a little bit JavaScript code on your own.

Basicly you create serveral Form::Validate objects, giving it different form
names, you will get different JavaScript function that you can call,
depending on which submit button is press (for example by using OnClick
handled in the submit buttons)

Gerald