perl-embperl mailing list archives

From RobertCZ <rob...@robert.cz>
Subject How to start a new session without removing old one?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:01:13 GMT
Hi,

  I need to give user a new session but I don't want to delete old data
for archival purposes - so don't want $r->DeleteSession - what's the
right way? User don't need to remember old session, so I can just make a
new session and resnd a new cookie, but what is the standard way?

  And one more slightly unrelated question - when user log in using  a
password I want to give him his old session - how?

- Robert

  PS Yes, I tried RTFM, but there were quite a few session related
changes in 1.3 and I'm confused what working/standard/back-compatibility
etc.