perl-embperl mailing list archives

From RobertCZ <rob...@robert.cz>
Subject Re: Two questions
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:43:29 GMT
Gerald Richter wrote:

>>*  I'm porting some old pages to Embperl2 and I have noticed
>>the following difference: When ... img src=tst.gif ... is not quoted,
>>Emperl2 generates ... img src tst.gif ... (without =) and
>>breaks all images and links. I know it's incorrect not to
>>escape parameter values in HML, but it use to work in Embperl
>>1 and now it's just a nuissance.
>>Could it be put back please?
>>

>Go to Embperl/Syntax/HTML.pm line 364 and add . and / to the character
>string. Does this solve your problem?

Yes. Great hack. I'm going to clean up everithing in the future but I
really apreciated you just made my upgrade much smoother

>>* When _app.eo (Embperl_Object_App) is not found in current
>>directory, Embperl doesn't seem to use _app.eo found in a
>>directory above - I had impression it is supposed to work in
>>the same way as _base.eo? Am I supposed to copy _app.eo all
>>over the place or it's just a bug?
>>

>It searches the same path as for other files. That is a little bit
>different, as it by default only searches up to the directory where the base
>template is found. If you want it to search it upper directories also you
>have to give EMBPERL_STOP_DIR in your httpd.conf

Aha. Anyway, I use _app file only to load dictionaries in multilingual
sites so now I can put it above all my DocumentRoot's (some place like
/home/www) and replace it below only when really needed... Cool hack, it
saves me copying it all over the place.

( I guess you meant Embperl_Object_Stopdir, but it looks just like a
typo... )

'Thanks a lot' x 2

- Robert