perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: Sessions get mixed up ?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:48:37 GMT

> How hard would it be to change the code to use a SHA or SSHA
> hash instead?  (Admittedly, I'm picking a more
> cryptographically secure hash at psuedo-random; there may be
> one that's more appropriate.)  Note that I realize they take
> longer to generate, but that time only happens at login, not
> per page view, and it should reduce the hash collision rate
> dramatically.

It is very simple to change the code. Apache::Session is very modular, so
you can specify whihg Generator to use. Go to the Apache::Session source and
take a look at

Session/Generator/MD5.pm

Create a new similar module with your desired alogrithem and specify it as
Generatior in the Embperl config

Gerald