perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Sessions get mixed up ?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:52:28 GMT
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:50:13PM +0100, Stefan Cars wrote:
> We get reports about that people sometimes in the middle of a
> registration get other peoples information. The only way I can see this
> happen (after days of investigation) is that the $udat with the
> member_id has changed in the middle of sessions and that it got another
> session from another user currently also beeing logged in.  Do you know
> if this might be possible ?

Typically this behaviour means you have an (unwanted) closure
somewhere in your page. I experienced that effect many, many
times. Every sub you write in one of your pages can end up being
a closure, so just don't do this. Use [$ sub foo $] instead.
Btw: this is not even Embperls fault, it's a "feature" of
mod_perl.

Andre

--
Earth. Air. Fire. Water.