perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Neal Gamradt" <ngamr...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: cookie-less sessions..
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 02:25:04 GMT
Hello Stefan,

The way I used to handle sessions was by creating a huge random number that
I would pass as a hidden field or in the query string.  I would try to make
a mixture of characters and numbers so that it would be very difficult for
someone walking by to try to write down if they saw it in the query string.
I would then save this number in a database table with other session
information to retrieve when needed.  I don't like this method because of
the overhead but then cookies are not needed.  Now-a-days I write a lot of
internal company applications so I know cookies are always turned on, so I
use udat all of the time now.

Neal

From: Stefan Cars <stefan@snowfall.se>
To: embperl@perl.apache.org, richter@ecos.de
Subject: cookie-less sessions..
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:00:28 +0200

Hi!

I have some trouble which I asked the list awhile ago with sessions without
cookies. The trouble is that sessions works perfect when people use cookies
but for people that do turn off cookies everything is not working so great.
I have tried setting EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE 0x21 but this just doesn't do it,
for some reason it seems to generate a new session_id everytime I visit the
page, the second problem is that we have some annoying javascripts and
redirects ($http_headers_out) the SDatparam doesn't work with. So what we
want is probably smodeUDatUrl, which isn't implemented yet. Gerald, what is
the status of this ? Maybe we could hire you for that implementation or is
there any other ways to solve this problem ?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Cars