perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Dirk Jagdmann <...@cubic.org>
Subject Re: pdf generation
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:07:31 GMT
>I'd like to learn what people use to generate pdf files. I want to
>create pdf from an epl page, with all data from the database.

I have always used LaTeX in the past, because latex gives me a
comfortable way to generate tables (I generated invoices).

The way I did it, was to have a template latex file, with some special
keywords like ADDRESS, MONEYSUM etc. which I would search and replace
with a simple regexp while writing the new file into /tmp. Then a single
run with pdflatex gives me a pdf in /tmp which I either send back via
the browser (and the proper mime-type) or spool to the right printer
directly via a call to "lpr".

--
---> doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj