perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Heath Morrison <he...@emumail.com>
Subject Table Processing
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:33:31 GMT
Hello,

First, let me say that I've been using Embperl 1.x since 1999 with
incredible success. I've used it in virtually all my web-based projects
since then. Thanks Gerald for something that truly is exactly what I've
needed for years and years.

I've decided to make the push from 1.3 to 2.0. I'm having some trouble
with the table parsing (something that I've always felt was best left
disabled) in 2.0. Since I cannot disable it in 2.0 I've been working
around it, but I've hit a bit of a wall that I don't know how to get
past. Please advise why the following HTML fails to parse successfully,

[$ if (0) $]
[$ endif $]

Test!

[$ if (0) $]
[$ endif $]

This generates the following crash message:

   Error (no description) Unstrutured forward jump

...notice that those 'if' blocks should not be entered. If I set those
conditions to '1' instead of '0' everything works as expected. If I
remove the if blocks (or comment them out with [# #]) everything works
as expected.

My actual HTML is of course much more involved, but suffers
from the same problem outlined here.  Please let me know if you guys
have any suggestions. In particular, if anybody can suggest a means of
disabling table parsing that would probably make me happiest :)

Thanks again!

Heath
heath@emumail.com