perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Viorel Vintan <viorel.vin...@gmail.com>
Subject DBIx::Recordset and multiple tables
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:31:05 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use DBIx::Recordset with multiple tables (more than
two). After reading the docs and experimenting with !TabRelation I
understand that one cannot distinguish between fields having the same
name and belonging to different tables because the fields of the
records returned by a search are not fully qualified.

Is there any possibility to get the fields in the fully qualified form
to be able to handle such a situation?

I am also considering the possibility of using links (which would be
even better for me), but I'm running into the "Can't upgrade that kind
of scalar" problem discussed on this list in March 2004.
(http://www.mail-archive.com/embperl@perl.apache.org/msg06213.html).

I understand that this problem is still not solved, being a Perl issue
rather than a DBIx::Recordset one. And Perl 5.9 is still beta.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Viorel