perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@debian.org>
Subject Re: build bug?
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:00:22 GMT
At Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:21:34 +0200, troy d. straszheim wrote:
> I'm trying to get file upload working on a gentoo box.  I've built
> apache/perl/modperl and installed Embperl via perl -MCPAN -e shell.
> The only symptoms that I'm seeing are that
> $fdat{filetoupload} is not a valid filehandle

HTML::Embperl 1.3.x doesn't work with some recent changes in CGI.pm.

You either need a (small) hack or go for Embperl (v2) instead.

See the patches for my Debian libhtml-embperl-perl package if you
really want to use HTML::Embperl with perl 5.8.x:
 http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libh/libhtml-embperl-perl/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3.6-2.diff.gz

--
 - Gus