perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Christophe Le Bars <...@2fp.net>
Subject Re: Call for last minute Debian libembperl-perl testing
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:46:23 GMT
"Gerald Richter" <richter@ecos.de> writes:
> Which version of Perl, Apache and mod-perl you are using?

a classic debian sarge-testing system :

ii  apache                   1.3.31-2                 Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common            1.3.31-2                 Support files for all Apache webservers
ii  apache-dev               1.3.31-2                 Apache webserver development kit

ii  apache-perl              1.3.31-2                 Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
with Perl support

This one is another apache but with static Perl & it works better :

# apache-perl -t -f /etc/apache-perl/httpd.conf -DEMBPERL_APDEBUG
[Mon Aug 16 21:23:53 2004] [warn] module mod_so.c is already added, skipping
[Mon Aug 16 21:23:53 2004] [warn] module mod_perl.c is already added, skipping
[Mon Aug 16 21:23:54 2004] [warn] EmbperlDebug: About to add mod_embperl.c as dynamic module
[11870/0]\n
Syntax OK

no segfault.

ii  apache-utils             1.3.31-2                 Utility programs for webservers
ii  libapache-db-perl        0.09-1                   Run the interactive Perl debugger under
mod_perl
ii  libapache-dbi-perl       0.94-1                   Connect apache server to database via
perl's DBI
ii  libapache-dbilogger-perl 0.93-2                   Tracks what's being transferred in a
DBI database
ii  libapache-mod-perl       1.29.0.2-9               Integration of perl with the Apache
web server
ii  libapache-request-perl   1.1-0.1                  Generic Apache Request Library
ii  libapache-session-perl   1.54-2                   Perl modules for keeping persistent
user data across http reques
ii  libapache-sessionx-perl  2.00b5-1                 An extented persistence framework for
session data

ii  perl                     5.8.4-2                  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and
Report Language.
ii  libperl5.8               5.8.4-2                  Shared Perl library.
ii  perl-base                5.8.4-2                  The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish
Lister.
ii  perl-doc                 5.8.4-2                  Perl documentation.
ii  perl-modules             5.8.4-2                  Core Perl modules.

ii  libperl5.6               5.6.1-8.2                Shared Perl library.
ii  perl-5.005               6.3                      Transitional package.
ii  perl-5.005-base          6.3                      Transitional package.
ii  perl-5.6                 6.3                      Transitional package.

these are old compatibility packages because this system had never been
reinstalled from scratch...

> Could you please run
>
> httpd -t -f /path/to/httpd.conf -DEMBPERL_APDEBUG

# gdb apache
GNU gdb 6.1-debian
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...(no debugging symbols found)...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) set args -t -f /etc/apache/httpd.conf -DEMBPERL_APDEBUG
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/sbin/apache -t -f /etc/apache/httpd.conf -DEMBPERL_APDEBUG
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...[Thread debugging using libthread_db
enabled]
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 11948)]
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
debugging symbols found)...[Mon Aug 16 21:28:39 2004] [warn] module mod_so.c is already added,
skipping
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
debugging symbols found)...[Mon Aug 16 21:28:40 2004] [warn] EmbperlDebug: About to add mod_embperl.c
as dynamic module [11948/0]\n
Syntax OK

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 11948)]
0x080554d0 in ap_remove_module ()
(gdb) s
Single stepping until exit from function ap_remove_module,
which has no line number information.
Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 11948: generic error
(gdb) BT
#0  0x080554d0 in ap_remove_module ()
Error accessing memory address 0xbffffb8c: No such process.

> And send me the output. Also can you please try without the ClearModuleList.
> Does this change anything?

No.

BTW, I've just also tried libembperl-perl_2.0b12dev1-1_i386.deb on a woody
system with only apache & perl & the minimum to satisfy the dependencies
& I've the same bug...

--
Christophe