perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "troy d. straszheim" <t...@resophonic.com>
Subject build bug?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:21:34 GMT
Hi embperl:

I'm trying to get file upload working on a gentoo box.  I've built
apache/perl/modperl and installed Embperl via perl -MCPAN -e shell.
The only symptoms that I'm seeing are that
$fdat{filetoupload} is not a valid filehandle (when you break up the
upload code to something like)

    LOOPIT:
      print STDERR $fdat{newpdf};
      $bytes = read($fdat{newpdf}, $buffer, 8096);
      defined $bytes || die "bytes not defined: $!";
      print STDERR "read $bytes bytes\n";
      if ($bytes == 0) {
          goto DONE;
      }
      print UPLOAD $buffer || die "couldnt print to UPLOAD";

this gets you the error:

ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: bytes not defined: Bad file descriptor
at ...

The installation doesn't go, anyway.  I've been attempting to use
gentoo's distribution.  I install apache (the gentoo package appears to
install both 1.3.x and 2.0.x), then I install mod_perl, then attempt to
install Embperl at the CPAN command line, like

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install HTML::Embperl

and the output is:

   CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GR/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.0.b11.tar.gz

... and everything looks OK until ...

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii...                   ok
#1 pure.htm...                ok
#2 nooutput.htm...            ok
#3 nooutput.htm...            ok
#4 plain.htm...               ok
#5 plain.htm...               ok
#6 plain.htm...               ok
#7 plainblock.htm...          ok
#8 plainblock.htm...          ok
#12 error.htm...

Expected 4 more error(s) in logfile

Input:          test/html/error.htm
Output:         test/tmp/out.htm
Log:            test/tmp/test.log
Testparameter:
   errors = 5
   version = 2
   repeat = 3

  ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully

Any ideas?