perl-embperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John P. Gibbons" <j...@dashing.com>
Subject Embperl [$ subs $] problem with 2.0 versus 1.3
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:27:36 GMT
Hi,

 While working to port some code to Embperl 2.0 I discovered some odd 
behavior with regards to subroutines and passing the $req object. I'm 
sure that I'm just doing it wrong, but code that worked in 1.3 will not 
work in 2.0. I didn't see any mention of changes in regards to how 
Embperl 2 handles subroutines and the $req object, but I could have 
missed it. Does anyone have any ideas?


base.html
----------
[-
$req = shift;
$req->{TEST} = "Hello World";
-]
[- Execute ('*') -]




subs.epl
----------
[!
$req = shift;
!]
[$ sub ccHelloWorld $]
<p>Sub: [+ $req->{TEST} +]</p>
[$ endsub $]





index.html
-----------
[-
$req = shift;
$subs = Execute({object => 'subs.epl'});
$subs->ccHelloWorld;
-]
<p>Local: [+ $req->{TEST} +]</p>



Output in 1.3:
---------------
Sub: Hello World

Local: Hello World



Output in 2.0b11:
-----------------
Sub:

Local: Hello World



I've tried this a few different ways, including passing $req directly to 
the sub:

index.html
-----------
$subs->ccHelloWorld($req);

subs.epl
---------
[$ sub ccHelloWorld $]
[- $req = shift -]
...

I've also tried the variations of Execute syntax isa=> and import=>1, 
but nothing seems to work. On the same topic, I've noticed that doing 
things like this in 1.3 was unreliable for me. Sometimes $req didn't get 
passed and pages would fail to work properly. This was rare, but 
happened enough that I stopped using the subs. I decided to try again in 
2.0, but it's not working at all.

Cheers,
John


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: embperl-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: embperl-help@perl.apache.org


Mime
View raw message