perl-embperl mailing list archives

From John Gibbons <john-embp...@dashing.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Embperl and AIX 5.2
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:11:29 GMT
Hi Gerald,

Gerald Richter wrote:

>Hi,
>
>AIX uses a very different format for handling of shared libries, especialy
>you need special symbol files while linking. I am not an AIX guru so I ca't
>really say what's wrong without having access to an AIX system. The problem
>we have is that in addition to the symbols from Perl Embperl also links in
>symbols from mod_perl and Apache. There must be a apropriate symbol file for
>Apache and mod_perl at link time.

The Makefile has:

OTHERLDFLAGS =
-bI:/appl/web/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.4/aix/auto/Apache/mod_perl.exp
-bI:/appl/web/apache/libexec/httpd.exp

Both of those files exist. So I don't think it's missing the symbol
files. I still think there might be something to the fact that ldd
claims to be missing two libraries on both mod_perl and Embperl (see my

I was wondering, if anyone might know of another perl module that also
links to C like Embperl that I could attempt to compile? If I can get
that to work then it probably isn't a problem with having the wrong
dynamic loader. But if it is then I might be able to get some support
from IBM on this.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
John