perl-embperl mailing list archives

From RobertCZ <rob...@robert.cz>
Subject Re: Embperl2 & Explorer weirdness
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:08:33 GMT
Gerald Richter wrote:

>> <>The very same Embperl2 page works fine in Firefox, but in Explorer
>> it says Internal Server Error.

Well, I'm not sure it is the source, but the primary cadidate is app
object - maybe I don't just understand how to use it, but as long as I
put anything in init metod it returns 500 and error log says [error]
handler Embperl::Object didn't return a valid return value!

App object is basicaly just copied from the docs. It works when all
lines after sub init are commented out but as soon as I uncomment first
line (marked ****), it breaks.

Thanks.

- Robert

Here're parts of the files and config

httpd.conf/virt server
--------------------------------
PerlModule      Apache2
PerlModule      Embperl
PerlModule      DBI
PerlModule      DBD::Pg
PerlModule      Image::Magick
PerlModule      Apache::ImageMagickRG

AddType text/html .eo

# Embperl_Debug         262144
Embperl_Debug           0
Embperl_Log             /tmp/embperl2.log
Embperl_Object_App      _app.eo
Embperl_Object_Base     _base.eo
Embperl_Object_Fallback index.html
Embperl_UriMatch        "\.html$|\.eo$"
Embperl_MailHost        rumcajz.pcv.cz
Embperl_MailFrom        www@www.pcv.cz
Embperl_Mail_Errors_To  germic@pcv.cz
Embperl_Cookie_Expires  +10000d

<Directory "/home/www">
<FilesMatch "\.(html|eo)$">
        Options                 FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
        AllowOverride           None
        Order                   allow,deny
        Allow                   from all
        SetHandler              perl-script
        PerlHandler             Embperl::Object
</FilesMatch>
</Directory>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.12>
        ServerName              appobj
        Embperl_AppName         appobj
        DocumentRoot            /home/www/exp/appobj/doc
        CustomLog               logs/appobj-access.log combined env=!dontlog
</VirtualHost>

--------------------------------

_base.eo

    <h1>EmbperlObject App Object Test</h1>

    [- Execute '*' -]

--------------------------------

_app.eo

@ISA = ('Embperl::App') ;

%messages = (
    'de' =>    {
        'heading' => 'Überschrift',
        'bar'     => 'Absenden',
    },
    'en' => {
        'heading' => 'Heading',
        'bar'     => 'Submit',
    },
) ;

sub init {
#    my $r = $self->curr_req ;

#    $r->{test} = 'robert & petr germic';

#    $lang = $r->param->language || 'de' ;
#    push @{$r->messages}, $messages{$lang} ;
#    push @{$r->default_messages}, $messages{'en'} if ($lang ne 'en') ;
}

1 ;