perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Dan Manley <dman...@spotnikmobile.com>
Subject namespaces for imported embperl sub's
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:57:42 GMT
Hi,

In a project I'm working on, I'd like to have some small and simple
embperl subs located in a lib directory, in individual files (for the
most part).  Consequently, I would like to be able to import all of
these files in a single call, like with something like this:

Execute({ inputfile => $req->{embperl_common_lib} . "/all.epl", import
=> 1, package => "SPOTNIK_COMMON" });

all.epl would have a bunch of epl's to import, like this:

[-
  my $req = shift;
  Execute( { inputfile => $req->{embperl_common_lib}.'/displaytime.epl',
import => 1, package => "SPOTNIK_COMMON" } );
 -]

But when I try to call a sub defined in displaytime.epl with the
namespace of SPOTNIK_COMMON:: it says the sub doesn't exist.

Am I doing this the right way?  Is there something I'm missing or
something I should be doing differently?

Dan