perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Dan Manley <dman...@spotnikmobile.com>
Subject errors handling in HTML::Embperl::Mail
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:34:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm using embperl 1.3.6 on RedHat linux 9 with Apache 1.3.31 with
mod_perl 1.29.  I'm encountering some strange behaviour with the mailing
package.  I have an embperl file calling a method in a package I'm
written.  This method does some work (processes a credit-card payment)
and returns the results as a hash reference.  Then the .epl does a
little more work and calls HTML::Embperl::Mail::Execute() to send a
notice to the customer.

The strangeness I'm seeing is that the HTML::Embperl::Execute() called
inside HTML::Embperl::Mail::Execute() successfully parses and rendered
the email template but returns a non-empty errors array with a string
identical to a warn debugging message issued in the credit card
processing package.   If I comment out the warn statements in the
package, the mailer works.  How is it that Embperl (in the C code?) has
access to the warn message and uses it to claim an error message?

Dan