perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: errors handling in HTML::Embperl::Mail
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:59:04 GMT

> The strangeness I'm seeing is that the HTML::Embperl::Execute() called
> inside HTML::Embperl::Mail::Execute() successfully parses and rendered
> the email template but returns a non-empty errors array with a string
> identical to a warn debugging message issued in the credit card
> processing package.   If I comment out the warn statements in the
> package, the mailer works.  How is it that Embperl (in the C code?)
> has access to the warn message and uses it to claim an error message?

Embperl gather all errors and warining messages that occurs during the
processing of an Embperl request in the error array. It does not make a
difference if this errors or warings occurs inside the Emberl page it self
or inside a modul it calls.

The return code from Execute tells you if there is only a warning or an
error (on error Execute returns a non zero value)

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh