perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: changing file extension from epl to html
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 14:05:19 GMT
On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:04:48 -0500 (CDT), Ben Kim <bkim@coe.tamu.edu>
wrote:

> I couldn't make dreamweaver mx recognize .epl files in its wysiwyg mode.
> If I rename it to .html, I get the table layout rendered. But with .epl,
> can't.
>
> I downloaded/installed
> http://www.engenhosolucoes.com.br/arquivos/DW_Embperl.zip, and have done
> all the steps in this message,
> http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2003-01/msg00094.html.
>

> DW recognizes the epl file (the icon changed) but the "design view"
> button is not even clickable.
>
> I need more information.
>
> Or, I'd like to know what is required to make Apache recognize embperl
> files having ".html". I know it is so by default, but we did change many
> settings so would like to get a clue to restoring the capability.
>
> Does anyone have some advice?

It should be working, verify all the files and double check the syntax on
XML files.

I have a new setup for Dreamweaver MX/MX 2004 which has more features like
code coloring, MySQL integration, and others. I'm trying to build a full
Dreamweaver environment for Embperl/MySQL, it is not complete yet but it
is already very useful.

It is a little more complicated to install and requires the patching of
several Dreamweaver files. If you are interested, or anyone else, mail me
and I will send the files and the instructions.

--
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet