perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: Emailing the form data on submit
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 17:02:32 GMT
On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:44:54 -0400, <Sreeram_Bazaru@bankone.com> wrote:

> Can I define a subroutine in embperl and call it when the submit button
> is clicked..? How do I do event handling in embperl (or modperl)..?
>
> Thanks,
> Sreeram

Web applications are different from common apps. I will give you a simple
example but if you intend to build a more complex application you will
have to learn a lot more.

In your Embperl page, test.epl:
[!
use Mail::Sendmail;
!]
[-
$req = shift;
-]

[$ if ( $fdat{send} ) $]
	[-
	%email = (
		To => "me@provider.com",
		From => "mailer@site.com",
		Subject => "Form data",
		Body => "New post:\n\nName: $fdat{Name}\nAge: $fdat{Age}",
	);
	-]
	[$ if ( sendmail(%email) ) $]
	[$ else $]
		<h2>Sorry, could not deliver your message</h2>
	[$ endif $]

[$ else $]

<form action="test.epl">
Name: <input type="text" name="Name" />
Age: <input type="text" name="Age" />
<input type="submit" name="send" value="Send now" />
</form>

[$ endif $]

--
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro