perl-embperl mailing list archives

From <Sreeram_Baz...@bankone.com>
Subject RE: Emailing the form data on submit
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 17:55:16 GMT
In the example line [- MailFormTo ($MailTo,'Formdata','email') -] of eg/x/input.htm, is MailFormTo
is a subroutine defined in Embperl and gets called automatically..? And What are the 'FormData'
and 'email' parameters to the subroutine..? It is not running on my machine it says "Cannot
connect to mailhost", may be something wrong with my machine's mail utility. So does this
subroutine send all the formdata to the $MailTo email address..?

Thanks,
Sreeram

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Richter [mailto:richter@ecos.de]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:10 AM
To: Lista Embperl; Bazaru, Sreeram (Card Services)
Subject: Re: Emailing the form data on submit

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:44:54 -0400, <Sreeram_Bazaru@bankone.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can I define a subroutine in embperl and call it when the submit
>> button is clicked..? How do I do event handling in embperl (or
>> modperl)..?

Another example can be found in the Embperl distribution under

eg/x/input.htm

you also might take a look at Embperl::Mail which let you create mails by
embeding Perl into the text

Gerald

>> Thanks,
>> Sreeram
>
> Web applications are different from common apps. I will give you a
> simple example but if you intend to build a more complex application
> you will have to learn a lot more.
>
> In your Embperl page, test.epl:
> [!
> use Mail::Sendmail;
> !]
> [-
> $req = shift;
> -]

> [$ if ( $fdat{send} ) $]
> [-
> %email = (
> To => "me@provider.com",
> From => "mailer@site.com",
> Subject => "Form data",
> Body => "New post:\n\nName: $fdat{Name}\nAge: $fdat{Age}",
> );
> -]
> [$ if ( sendmail(%email) ) $]
> [$ else $]
> <h2>Sorry, could not deliver your message</h2>
> [$ endif $]
>

> [$ else $]
>
> <form action="test.epl">
> Name: <input type="text" name="Name" />
> Age: <input type="text" name="Age" />
> <input type="submit" name="send" value="Send now" />
> </form>
>
> [$ endif $]

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der KOMCOM 2004 in Mannheim
25. bis 27. Mai 2004  Stand K11a   www.komcom.de

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you