perl-embperl mailing list archives

From <Sreeram_Baz...@bankone.com>
Subject RE: Emailing the form data on submit
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 16:44:54 GMT
Can I define a subroutine in embperl and call it when the submit button is clicked..? How do
I do event handling in embperl (or modperl)..?

Thanks,
Sreeram

-----Original Message-----
From: Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro [mailto:luiz@engenhosolucoes.com.br]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 12:24 PM
To: Lista Embperl
Subject: Re: Emailing the form data on submit

On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:26:24 -0400, <Sreeram_Bazaru@bankone.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there any way to email the form data on submit either in embperl or  > modperl..?
I appreciate your help.

The form data is available to you in %fdat so you can use any module from
CPAN to send an e-mail, do it by hand or open a pipe to sendmail or mail.

 From CPAN the easiest modules are Mail::Sendmail (for simple messages)
and MIME:Lite (for more options, like attachments).

Embperl has a bult-in feature for doing this but I am not familiar with
it, try reading the manual pages for this.

Good luck,

--
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you