perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Hall, Philippe" <philippe.h...@augustachronicle.com>
Subject pwd is '/' ???
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 20:18:26 GMT
Ok I'll say up front that this is my first time setting up EmbPerl 2 and Apache 2, but I've
used EmbPerl 1.3 for a few years now.  Here's my issue, which I just discovered about an hour
ago:

I have an .epl, subs.epl, which renders fine.  I have the following line of code that is dying:

	open (FILEHANDLE, 'sites.txt') or die 'Cannot open sites.txt: '.$!;

And 'sites.txt' does exist in the same directory as subs.epl, and the permissions are all
good.  The page dies and I get a file not found error from embperl.  So, to debug, I added
the following line above my filehandle open:

	[- print OUT `pwd`; -]

Strangely enough, my pwd is '/'.  Since I'm in the process of migrating from my old Embperl
1.3 box to this new box, I added the same print statement to the 1.3 counterpart of subs.epl.
The pwd on that box is correct -- the directory containing  subs.epl (as expected).

So does anyone know why I'm getting this behavior in Embperl 2.0?

Another thing I notice (but presumably unrelated): I can't have more than one statement in
a [+ +] block any more... is that right?  I get a syntax error.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe