perl-embperl mailing list archives

From RobertCZ <rob...@robert.cz>
Subject Multilingual support questions
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 14:47:20 GMT
Hi,

  I'm finally playing with [= =] , here is couple of questions/problem
reports

1) all translated expressions go into one Data::Dumper file, it would be
much more convenient to have one dictionary per language because you
have typically different translators for different languages and it then
saves you manual merging of translated dictionaries

2) embpmsgid.pl is not installed by default anywhere, had to manually
copy it after install

3) no nonletter chars in [= =], this is extremely annoying because I
need often stuff like [= room/night price (approx.) =] but dot,
parenthesis and slash generate error

4) no spaces in expression allowed: after [= Clear Form =] it says
[944]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method "Clear"
via package "Form" (perhaps you forgot to load "Form"?) at
/home/www/phl/new/accom.html line 60.

I can patch first one if you agree this is desirable or maybe add a
switch single/multiple dict files. Not sure what to do with the rest.

- Robert