perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Terrence Brannon <metap...@urth.org>
Subject Re: Is DBIx::Recordset unmaintained ?
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 20:16:05 GMT
Matthew Simon Ryan Cavalletto wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 08:22  AM, Terrence Brannon wrote:
>
>> Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
>>
>>> I've met a problem with DBIx::Recordset (reported to this list March
>>> 12, 2004). Since then, Terrence Brannon has declared that he doesn't
>>> have time to maintain the project.
>>>
>>> So now I have some code that only works with a local patched version
>>> of DBIx::Recordset, a situation I don't like. Primarily because I
>>> can't publish Freemoney with that kind of limitation.
>>

> Kaare -- Hello. Could you please send me a patch with your local
> changes, so that I can integrate it into a revised version I'm working
> on?

Kaare -- send more than the patch: send code that wont work with the
standard version as well.

Matthew -- the svn version is the official version, but you can create a
unified diff to fold your changes into the mainline should you decide to
takeover. Recordset is a mature product, so you won't have more than 1
bug report every 3 months.