perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Embperl 2.0b11, MP2, Apache 2.0.49 core dumping
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 07:51:38 GMT

> On Wednesday 05 May 2004 02:44 pm, Christopher Nehren wrote:
>> I finally got Embperl 2.0b11 to build with mod_perl 2 in my Apache
>> 2.0.49 source tree, using the worker MPM. Okay, that's great. The
>> only problem is that it segfaults whenever I try to make a request.
>> It doesn't dump core, and I'm not sure of how to produce one. I'm
>> running FreeBSD 5.2.1. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

As Beau already wrote Embperl currently does not support Worker MPM, only
the prefork MPM. Moreover mod_perl 2 has a problem on FreeBSD with thread
support at all. There seems to be a general problem with mod_perl 2 and
threaded Perl on FreeBSD. I only got mod_perl 2 working on FreeBSD after I
have build Perl without thread support (see dev@perl.apache.org mailing list
archive). For me already make test of mod_perl segfaults, when running with
threads. Does mod_perl make test work for you?

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der KOMCOM 2004 in Mannheim
25. bis 27. Mai 2004  Stand K11a   www.komcom.de